Old October 22nd, 2021, 05:13 AM   #2
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturncal View Post
Hey all it's been a while

I'm having trouble with my 08 Ninja 250. Everytime it rains, my motorcycle will not want to start. It turns over, sometimes I can hear it fire a couple times, but the engine ends up dying.

Water I think is somehow getting into my tank/fuel. Everytime this happens I have to drain the tank and then fill with fresh gas, then it'll fire up fine after a couple cranks.

I've had my gas cap gasket changed with oem ones (locks had to be replaced on bike due to someone damaging my ignition so I ended up changing all locks and the gasket) and this problem still exists.

I'm wondering are there any other sources I should look for in terms of water getting into the tank. I don't see or smell any obvious places that water could get in.

I'm about to book a day at MotoGuild on treasure island in San Francisco to try and sort though this problem, so I'm trying to get some other ideas so I can pair down the cause of this
Did you check fuel over flow drain line under fuel tank lock that can be one place it can be get in if the hard line had routed through the steel tube.
One way to check this is with hand held vacuum pump and finger over the other end.
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote