View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:43 PM   #116
fast1075
ninjette.org guru

Name: harry

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, 2004 Buell XB12s, Honda 110 Elite

You are one lucky guy. All my dry shots always went KABOOM! in spectacular fashion.

I always go with a 4 jet spread just be be safe to begin with and tune from there. Do you have any timing control?, or do you just take a little out in general.

Also, I have had really good results with NOS Systems Fogger II nozzles. You get a really good mix. 900 psi bottle and 6 psi fuel pressure, equal length lines with no kinks or fitting without radius turns. At such a small shot, phase separation is not a really big deal, but details are the devil.

How are you keeping the head clamped? Again, low doses are not QUITE as likely to push a gasket, but you can't beat o-rings and a copper gasket.

I ran one motor with a Cometic graphite gasket maybe 30 passes at 18 hp per cylinder before it started leaking (on a KZ-1000) while I had my race head and cylinder in the machine shop for the double O-ring treatment.

If nothing else, APE most likely has some good studs that will work to help.

Dont'cha LOVE what a little shot does to the torque curve. Be sure to gear to take advantage. Nitrous loves a load.