View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2015, 07:34 AM   #15
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
My investigator recorded his and his accomplices' confessions when he questioned them. I'm leaning more that the jurors felt bad for the guy. From what I was told, he was 21 and trying to get his GED. I guess they want him a productive member to society and not have a misdemeanor affect possible employment. His accomplices, brother and brothers gf, have a warrant out for thier arrest.

I was hoping for justice to be served accordingly.
I understand how you feel Cuong; I've always felt the same rage when I've had things stolen from me (a couple of break-ins and a mc theft). However; it is a fact that most young offenders after their first time through the courts, never repeat.
Though I've never been arrested and none of my shenanigans were as serious as property theft (other than stealing my parents car & liquour!) the fact is if I had been charged with all my offenses and served maximum sentences concurently; I may still be sitting in jail!
My point is: Though we may want to cut off their balls, keel-haul the bastards and fill what's left with lead; it would be a shame and a wrong to destroy the potential of a persons future contributions because of a stupid, juvinile act that many of us may have made at the same age. At 21; most males are still idiots!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.