Thread: Racing tricks
View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2016, 05:26 AM   #121
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floki View Post
I started this thread mainly because I am a total noob to racing, well not total anymore. But doing races on my bike I noticed that almost every other bike was considerably faster than mine in the straights of Barber. I just wanted some input on how to make the bike perform better, faster which most of you have been plenty helpful.

I've cleaned my calipers, removed the gauges and and installed aluminum stay, replaced the battery with lithium, ordered 415 chain w/ aluminum sprockets, removed the key ignition, removed locking gas cap, removed radiator fan, removed brackets, SBK reservoir, speedo sensor removed,

Resistance when rolling the tires is SIGNIFICANTLY less on both wheels

I just need to continue working on dropping some weight off of myself. I could definitely drop 15lb or so.
Floki,

Just to be clear about "removing" brackets. The WERA rulebook is very specific about what removed means: "REMOVED is defined as unbolted - not cut off" That means no cutting off of unneeded brackets from the frame.

Also, at the very bottom of the superstock section of the WERA rulebook is a catch-all rule. It says this: "The items above constitute the entire realm of deviation from showroom stock for Superstock classes. If it does not mention you CAN do it, you CAN NOT."

This means that your reservoir delete mod is illegal for F Superstock.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote