View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2015, 12:55 AM   #4
Linkin
Down Under

Name: Linkin

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki ZXR250C Ninja

Work continues... replaced the thermostat and most of the coolant hoses. They really could have done a better design and not required so many bent hoses and different sized outlets. Wirewheel cleaned up the thermo housing nicely. Left hand side radiator bolt will need to be drilled out as it's been cross threaded.

Silicone hose in place. Tempted to chop off the pipe halfway down and just use hose, because it's a royal pain to get such a short hose into place without removing the thermostat housing, which is an annoying task itself.

New fuel hoses and filter. Doubt the fuel pump will arrive any time soon though. Need to get another rubber bracket for it, too.

Hmm... What was here before?

No deltabox stickers on this frame, so I cleaned it up with purple metal polish and but some bling on

Here's a shot of that sprocket. Long story with this, the short version is that all aftermarket sprockets sold only suit the 3LN1 engine which has a shorter driveshaft. The newer ones have a longer driveshaft. Blair at LiteTek has manufactured some correct thickness sprockets (9mm).

I'm not sure which way it's supposed to go, but to me it appears correctly centred with the raised edge on the inside - facing the driveshaft. You can see the carnage of when someone fits a 520 size chain and sprockets on the chain guide.

Here it is with the raised edge facing the sprocket cover

Linkin is offline   Reply With Quote