View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #31
kremtok
ninjette.org member

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2016 Triumph Street Triple RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
Did you fill it and wait for it to drop down with the bike vertical and then continue to pour coolant in? Also I tapped the pipes along the way and it helped drop the coolant and I saw air bubbles rise from the cap. While the engine was running and it was vertical (had dad hold it - don't have stand) and cap removed I topped off the radiator and then revved and it dropped drastically. So I did that a few times until I revved and it was at the recommended point. Did you also fill the reservoir?

I started a thread and you may want to go over it I received some excellent help there. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132646
Yes, I did. I used a small deadblow hammer on all of the coolant lines as well as the radiator. I kept at that, adding coolant every time I walked around the bike, while my wife watched for bubbles. Once we saw no more bubbles, I moved on to the running / cap off, then the running / cap on as described in the OP.

I just went back out to the bike, and the reservoir was down to the L line, so I filled that. The system seemed cool, so I opened up the radiator cap and was surprised to find that it took a lot more coolant to top off and I also got quite a bit more air out of the system. I'm going to go try running it again...wish me luck!