View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #12
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by j14 View Post
Unfortunately buying out of state isn't really an option for me. The dealer is basically telling me the same things. They don't make much profit on the bike and the owner (per the salesman) isn't really willing to budge on pricing because the bikes are selling at the price listed. $5600 total cost after all fees for the green bike and $5900 for a special edition. Oh and they "can probably throw in helmet and such..." locally I haven't been able to find much used. I am prequalified for $5500 already and I have enough cash to get the SE (I want the black spark color and will remove those stupid pinstripes. No offense to anyone who has them I just don't like the pinstriping). I think I'm just gonma take a check in for the amount and hope they will come down some. If not from what I've gathered the price is about average for a new bike from the dealer...
And do you already have gear? Don't forget you'll be dropping at least $700 on gear, that's going with "middle of the road" type of gear. Much more if you want high end stuff. And I second the notion to buy used. Check on craigslist in your area & the surrounding areas, as well as cycletrader.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote