Thread: Cafe Racer?
View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2018, 12:57 PM   #9
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin View Post
If you are not able to cut metal, where do you go to have parts fabricated? Wanted to ask that for the longest time..
Depends upon what you need done. If it’s machining a block of aluminium into useable part, there are tonnes of small-run prototyping machines shops always looking for work. I first made small run of Racer’s Edge camber-plates with shop in NorCal. Sent them my CAD drawings and BOM and they did the rest. Next batch I sent to China.

If you need fabrication and welding, “speed shops” dealing in custom builds can make anything you want. Depending upon what you want, they should have usual machinery, lathe, mill, rotary table, etc.

You can basically build your own bike from scratch combining the work of multiple outfits just the way you like. Frame from one, engine from another, bodywork, etc. I’ve spent an afternoon watching an old guy pound out a tank from bare sheetmetal and braze it together.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote