Old August 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #153
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Ha.... I can explain this....I think

The KOSO has a oil pressure warning light that displays when you turn your key to the "ON' position. This light (oil can shaped) should go off once your bike starts and oil pressure comes up to the required spec. That light is driven from the stock oil pressure sensor although I'm not sure if the signal for it comes directly from the sensor or possibly the CDI.

Now we also know the KOSO has oil and coolant temperature sensors that come with the kit. The gauge reads these sensors to display a temp on the gauge itself. However...the KOSO also has a set point for "over temp" warnings which is displayed using a flashing "WAT" or a flashing "OIL" indicator on the display. The only place I have seen this information is in the setup guide that came with the gauge (see attached).

Anyway so there are 3 sensor's involved (if you kept the stock oil pressure sensor) and 3 different visual displays for them.

1. Oil pressure warning = red oil can displayed on the dash
2. Oil temp warning = "OIL" flashes on display
3. Coolant temp warning = "WAT" flashes on display

Keep stock oil pressure sensor. Connect the Koso water temp to stock water temp location. Connect the Koso oil temp sensor to 2nd oil drain hole (with Koso adapter). Everything comes with the Koso kit (plug and play kit).
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote