Thread: 335cc
View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:56 AM   #113
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoulisninja View Post
sure thing oil has to be of top quality for track use... I am using just what you suggest Somchai... however in tight tracks I've seen as high as 140 Celcius in mine (!!!) while coolant was still at about 90...
I had a base CR of 13,9:1 and +2 degrees advance timing and that was part of the reason for it. Bruce has not that high a CR however the big pistons move closer to each other and heat cannot dissipate that easily in those casings and sleeves...
Nick, thanks and with respect the +2 degrees advanced timing must not be any reason for higher temperature - the ignition of my Ninjette is advanced by +5 degrees and since that time the temperature for water is lower then before by app. 8 degrees Celsius while the temperature of the oil looks to be the same temperature like before.
Also it's given that my temperature for sure is lower than a Ninja used in a race.
It's important to have a good inside cooling from a rich enough setup in fuel.
Your tipp from before about the Italian water cooler I think is a very good one, it also seems to be lighter than oem and at least in a bike like this I would use an electrical water pump (what brings up to 3-4 hp with the 2-fiddy).
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote