View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2017, 11:37 AM   #125
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

@Misty,
I spent a bit of time on my (crashed) track bike really thinking and visualizing this and I think I have some answers for you now.

Your #1 Question: Minimum amount of reference point for a turn> I would have to say 3. Turn in point, Apex and Exit. Of course there could be any number for a given turn but the bare min# would be three I believe.

#2: How would knowing where I would be mid turn (for sure) before I turn in effect my confidence and consistency mid turn. Positively on both. Anyone would be more confident and able to have more consistient speed mid turn if they knew where they were going thru a turn!

#3: Most obviously easy answer. Bike goes where you look so looking at a reference point too late will be bad and early will have the bike turning or ready to turn when the time is right!

I will continue to think about these questions until I have all the "math" worked out in my head but that is what seems right to me so far
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote