View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2019, 09:16 AM   #8
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Oh how we get spoiled with electronics and automatics! Over 99% of autos and bikes in world are manual. On recent trip to Europe, we had to call ahead and get special accommodations to rent car with automatic transmission because my dad’s getting older and step-mother can’t drive manual.

Anyway, back in ‘80-90s, pretty much ALL bikes slipped gears when put to hard use like racing. Common practice was to undercut shift dogs on gears to pull them together under load. Let’s see if someone figures this out for Ninja 400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
So, is the 400 even a good buy? I'd personally be jumping down someone's throat if I bought a new motorbike and it had these problems.
Most certainly is!!! All reported problems have come from racing situations or high-RPM/high-load use. Which will affect only tiny, tiny percentage of street users. So little work to upgrade those springs.

For price, you cannot get better performance on street or track. It really spun AFM’s classes around this year as they originally put it in with 300s. It completely dominated that along with Lightweight & Middleweight Twins, beating up on SV650s. Also always took top-5 in cripple 450s (600ss with disabled cylinder). As well as placing top-10 in 600SS, 750sbk, and Literbike classes (beating 30–40 others in field). There’s no other bike right now that can get as many points in so many classes!

Speaking of bang-for-buck, there’s some brand new ones being clearanced at local dealer for $3750. Gonna go take look good this weekend.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.