Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Mileage 205 miles
Time: 6:58
Moving: 3:52
Stopped: 3:06

Moving Average: 53 mph

These rides only require one authorized IBA member's signature for a witness, I like getting two. After I secure my receipt and sample I headed off to my second witness where I was able to be still for awhile and talk. Course I was tired and half stupid and half tongue tied so he ended up doing more talking as I didn't know what to say. But he did advise a back road to Auburn called Salmon Falls. I thanked him profusely for being my witness and saddled up one last time.

Course I had to take the recommended route. Whee twisty! As I pulled into Auburn, I began to feel it. The rush of adrenaline beginning to fade as I realized that the ride was over, I had done it. I pulled into Colfax for some food and tea and just relaxed for awhile. It felt good to just sit, not moving, not sharply focused, just be for awhile. But I still had to get home.

I took I-80 over Donner and made my way past Truckee and Verdi and down into Reno. I swung by my Kawi shop to pick up oil change supplies and a new chain and sprocket set along with a tool to change things. Then it was south to Carson where I had begun this ride 14 days ago. A lot had happened in that time, though it feels like a dream. It was a very ambitious plan, a lot could go wrong. But luck or planning was on my side and very little went wrong. From weather, to bike, to body, the little bits that could have been issues were nothing more than annoyances. This trip went remarkably well and I am fortunate that it did.

A lot of folks helped me out, giving support and advice and encouragement. To them, I am forever grateful. I will pay it forward when the next rookie asks if such a ride can be done.

Yes, it can.

Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.

Last futzed with by NevadaWolf; July 4th, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.