View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2017, 12:39 PM   #60
Kiwi rider
ninjette.org member

Name: Al.

Motorcycle(s): '14 CBR300R '07 SV650 (race bike) '04 XR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
I dislike that this will be replacing the 300, the cc bump throws off the racing series just as it became stable with the WSS300 series and the new Motoamerica series announced. This move changes the entire landscape of both series.

I like the frame swap, the old frame was one of the largest concerns with the 300 as it is so weak. I would have rather seen upgrades to the suspension (switch to USD forks) as well as the braking system along with a general refinement to the bike with a couple problem areas being touched up (such as the transmission needing an undercut)

but as far as marketing goes it's too easy to fall into a cc war, the question is how far they will go before they aren't ultralight bikes anymore
I pretty much concur with all of that. It's easy to win the performance stakes with extra cc's esp when you have to meet Euro four regs.
I would have preferred an up spec'd 300 myself. I thought Honda might have started a trend with the CBR250RR they bought out in the Asian market last year but it seems not.