View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #91
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

OK - minor update on the technology end. We replaced our media center pc with a new one (3.4 i7, midline nvidia low-power card, 2 x 2 tuner HD cards). Now that it has 4 tuners instead of 2, all network HD recording has been moved over to the PC. It's now tied to a 8 TB NAS instead of a 2 TB one, so we won't run out of space for shows for years if we choose to keep 'em. But - interface is still identical, remote is identical, TV is identical, just a somewhat better gadget hooked to it. We still have the pair of DirecTV DVR's for non-OTA stuff.

On the shows front, we just finished the last few "Chuck" episodes we had recorded, and I'm afraid the show has jumped a whole pile of sharks. It's just not interesting anymore, and isn't likely to be around much longer if I had a hunch. We still liked "Boardwalk Empire" this season, but I didn't think it was as good as last, and the season finale wasn't particularly fulfilling. I didn't like this season of "Damages" much, but my wife did. Really liked the first season of "Game of Thrones", and looking forward to season 2 sometime in April. Also looking forward to the next season of "Justified" that will kick off in January. Ann likes both of the new fairytale type series (Once Upon a Time, and Grimm), but I haven't seen them. I liked the "Sons of Anarchy" season, and am looking forward to the new HBO series "Luck" starting in January as well. It's about horse racing, with Nick Nolte, Dustin Hoffman, and a few other big names in an 8-episode first season.

Anyone else watching something interesting?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote