View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2019, 03:06 PM   #23
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucnh View Post
Some updates:

1. The first testing for oil feeding to turbo:
- Oil feeding with an AN3 size brass pipe is perfect.
- Oil outlet pipe got a big trouble due to outlet is lower than oil pan level, it always full of oil inside the pipeline==> I consider to install a small diaphragm pump to transfer drainage oil back to engine, take the engine air suction pipe to run this pump

2. Vacuum distribution box is tested, quite good.

3. For injector upgrading, i am looking for new solution with AIC (instead of replacing bigger injector and Power Commander V)

[URL="https://splitsec.com/product/aic2-p-additional-injector-controller-pressure-mode/"]
Good work!

Don't do AIC, that's 1980s technology! You also need to program new ignition map. Reduce full-throttle ignition-advance by 5-10 degrees while leaving idle and partial-throttle/low-RPM ignition stock. Using 3D mapping of ignition (load X RPM) is much more accurate than factory 2D map.

Get replacement aftermarket programmable EFI system. Look up greg737's excellent EFI conversions. Use EFI system from Accel DFI, Austronic, Electromotive TEC, Haltech, LinkECU, Megasquirt, MoTeC, SDSefi, Wolfe 3D, etc

Megasquirt is best value EFI system. Controls both fuel and ignition with 3D-mapping. Plenty of on-line support from large installed base of users. Someone probably already has maps for Ninja 250+turbo and all you need to do is download it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OS5CDS

Some sites with great info and support on Megasquirt:
DIYautotune.com
MegaManual.com
MSefi.com
MSextra.com

I've blown up plenty of turbo engines by trying to keep factory EFI system and use piggyback systems on top. Very wasteful of time and money. Now my first upgrade is programmable EFI system, even on factory engine with no mods. Good for +10% increase in power immediately and smoother running with optimized maps.

Remember: cheap/powerful/reliable. Pick any two, but you can't have all three.
also: "There's never enough time to do it right first time, but there's always time to do it again!!!".

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; July 2nd, 2019 at 10:25 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote