View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2019, 10:25 AM   #12
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
What sort of arrogant SOB stands around bragging about running someone off the road?
Based on the little bit in the article, I don't think he was bragging. I think he just meant to scare the biker (most of us have probably brake-checked someone at one time or another), and things went horribly wrong. And like Cafe Racer said, it seems very likely that the biker was passing illegally, and probably otherwise driving like an ass too (based on typical bikers who are willing to break one law, and end up getting in accidents).

Quote:
..blurted out, “It’s my fault, I [expletive] up, but they need to learn they can’t drive like that and do whatever they want.”
Like others said, there's no excuse for what happened. But it doesn't sound like bragging to me - just panicked explanation/justification of what happened. "I was trying to teach him a lesson for driving like a jerk, and things went bad, and I hit him." At least to me, it doesn't come off like "Yeah, I hit him, because he was driving like a jerk, and I'd do it again."

The irony is that his own quote applies to his vigilante actions - "they need to learn they can’t drive like that and do whatever they want.”

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote