View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #158
baligila
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Pramita

Motorcycle(s): some, mostly custom projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Wrench Cycles View Post
I hope you didnt take it the wrong way. Just passing on some info from someone whos been there done that. Not trying to discourage you at all as i like to think outside the box and was actually considering turbocharging my lil 250 until i read the thread and talked to the guy who blew his up and found out that there is to many weak points in this engine to reliably achieve any large HP gains. He had enough money into the engine work, high perf. parts, and turbo alone that he could have bought a used busa...
No man, I'm the kind of person who have avery relaxed view upon any form of discussion and take difference in opinions lightly. Nothing too serious. Maybe I didn't get translated correctly through the 'interweb,

As for the 1000HP thing, I was referring to F1 engine's near 1000HP power from 2400cc N/A configuration, which is not achieved from a daily driver's engine parts. So, there's no way in making almost 4 times the power out of a displacement without being extremely expensive.

Not trying to be offensive to anyone, but if someone decided to do something and then complained about it, that person could be categorized as severely un-informed (some say : stupid)

7000 bucks is nothing compared to what he wanted to achieve. Look how much the F1 team spent

Therefore, being sensible. I'm only aiming for moderate numbers. Those that the original parts can sustain day-in day-out. nothing extreme (maybe because I'm getting old, hahahahahaha)
Posted via Mobile Device
baligila is offline   Reply With Quote