View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #1
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 1988 FJ1100

Group Buy on Koso Gauges *requested*

>>>check it out<<<

We got two huge boxes from Koso. Have to get them back to the warehouse to double check that we have everything and then we will start shipping them out.

>>*update*<<

Ok, so after finding out that the Koso package is in New York we now have information that it is to be delivered to our old shop by the end of the day. Nobody hold your breath though, not sure how it got from new york to san diego so fast...

If we get the package by the end of the day we won't be shipping until Monday and you should get the parts mid week.

We are taking delivery of a members bike today to do a DIY video install Monday or Tuesday so it should be ready for you by the time you get your gauges.

I am going to help with the initial install so I can try and better answer your questions if you run into any problems with your install.

I will let you know when we have the parts in hand.

questions/comments?
Jordan

>**update**<

Just talked to Aaron who is in charge of shipping for this GB. Looks like the package is in New York customs as of 6/20 and has not had any movement toward CA yet. Our original order of gauges for the "pre-buy" group was very wrong. They sent us a large number of adapter plates and harnesses but no gauges. We have double checked our order for the bulk of the GB and it should all be good. Again, once we get the bulk package we will ship the parts, you will receive an email/tracking number and your parts should arrive within 3 days.

This GB depleted Koso's stock for the RX-2 gauge and they can't provide me with an ETA on when more will be available. I started another GB thread for anyone interested in jumping in on the slightly higher discounted price for the RX-2N.

Link to new GB thread if anyone is interested.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107068

>*update*<

Hey everyone,

I'm back in town and wanted to give you an update on the group buy.

The order has been placed with Koso and is en route to us as we speak. It is taking a very round about way to get here (canada to new york to Illinois to Indiana and back to new york) but it is on its way.

I can safely say that for all of our US customers, we will be shipping out the packages as soon as we get them and you should receive them within 3 days. You will also be receiving an email with a tracking number as soon as we send the packages out.

The international orders will also be shipped out at the same time, i am just not sure on how long it will take for them to arrive.

If you are desperate for a confirmation of your order, please call us at 619-928-9015 or email jordan@racetechelectric.com and i'll pass your information along.

Thanks,
Jordan

****Short update****

Our guy in charge of shipping/receiving isn't sure what size box he's going to need to ship out this package in. He said he's going to hold off on sending out tracking numbers until we have the parts in hand and can get a more accurate box size. It may be a little larger than we originally anticipated.

I'm going to be flying out of town for a few days (This Thursday to next Tuesday) and will not be available to add any updates until I get back. If you have any questions/concerns don't please call into the shop and talk to Aaron or Evan.

619-928-9015

Thanks again everyone,
Jordan

***Orders complete***

Alright everyone, we have all of our orders in and they are being processed now. You all should be receiving a confirmation email at some point in the next day or so.

We do have a few gauges coming in early (not sure on the ETA yet) but the majority of the order was placed this morning.

So all you have to do now is sit back, relax and think about how cool your new gauge is going to be when it arrives.

I had a lot more interest in this than I originally though and I want to thank everyone who has ordered.

We have one person lined up and ready to go for an install and i have a couple of people in line in case our confirmed bike falls through. We will get our video done when the first batch of gauges come in and I will post a link to it here when we are finished with it.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks again,
Jordan

**Important update**

CZroe has different information than I originally got from Koso

The wiring harness on my carb EX250F is different from my carb EX250J. The gauge connectors have a very different number and arrangement of pins. While I am sure it can be spliced in, the pregen has a temp gauge and no fuel gauge, so it might have more in common with the FI PnP kit. In other words, the FI EX250K PnP kit might be PnP with the EX250F, but the carb EX250J PnP kit is not.

Anyone with a pre-gen that ordered a harness please let me know so I don't order it and i can refund you the cost of the harness. I'm out of the office for the weekend but I will post an update about refunds on monday if need be.

Sorry for the mix up, I was under the impression that the wiring was the same pre-gen/newgen as per information I got from Koso.

Jordan

*Update*

Here is the original list of 11 people who signed up and those who have paid:

1. gt_turbo: Paid
2. PKL
3. Ator: Paid
4. Gunner
5. TS250: Paid
6. lulzpwned: Paid
7. EthioKnight (RX2 + P.P. Harness) (bracket hopefully from the GB from @wayanlam): Paid
8. sleepless (RX-2 + Harness + Adapter Board): Paid
9. lgk (RX-2 + Harness + Adapter Board): Paid
10. Makenza (RX2 + P&P Harness + Adapter Board): Paid
11. Midnight Runner: Paid
12. Scattcatt: Paid
13. SharInATL: Paid
14. Harrison89: Paid
15: Ninjagaiden09: Paid
16: want1sobad: Paid
17: jjb84: Paid

There were a total of 20 orders placed. If you think you have paid and you are not on my list, PM me your full name so I can check my orders and add you to this list.

Looks like the pay-pal option on our website is working fine for now so feel free to use it. If you don't mind paying with a credit/debit card it is preffered so we don't accrue charges from pay-pal.

If you are in the San Diego/OC area and are part of this group buy, let me know if you can bring us and live without your bike for a day or two and want the gauge installed for free so we can make an install video.

We will install the gauge, make a video of the installation and get the bike back to you in 1-2 days. We are now located in carlsbad, ca off of palomar airport road.

Hi everyone,

I have had a request to start a group buy thread for the Koso RX-2 and RX-2N.

For either gauge and the plug and play harness I can offer you two prices.

5+ buyers the price will be $290 shipped
10+ buyers the price will be $270 shipped

For international shipments (outside of the US) your looking at an extra $30-$40

I haven't decided how to collect payments yet, whether it be by phone or through our web-store somehow.

This is mostly just a feeler for now unless we can rack up enough buyers to fulfill the order. Feel free to tell any non-forum members about this, there will be no restriction on how many kits you can order.

This is a group buy for the RX-2 or RX-2N gauge plus the plug and play harness. This price does not include an adapter plate to fit the gauge to the bike. If you want a price with the Koso adapter plate let me know, or order one from Wayanlam at http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78953.

This price is SUPER discounted and going to be a one time offer. Any takers?

Jordan

www.racetechelectric.com

Last futzed with by RaceTech Electric; June 22nd, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
RaceTech Electric is offline   Reply With Quote