Old September 16th, 2018, 10:21 AM   #3
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Try looking through the turn. Rather than right in front of you, look at the road where you're going to be finishing the turn. See if that helps.
I was trying that this morning when I was still at the mall. I've got the bars turned to the right and looking through to where I want to go. The only thing I'm not doing that Chris had originally recommended is starting with my right foot down and leaning the bike that way. We found that I'm left foot dominant. way more comfortable with that foot down. I was able to do the turns that way at Mid O. I know I did have to take a couple steps with my left foot to get going on the first try of that right hand u-turn I've got video of.

I might just have to try and find a good spot to practice it. the right hand turns from the stop signs at the mall are littered with pot holes to avoid. it can also be hard on the Rubber City range because of where the sun is in the morning. I was doing ok with them when I first got back. Maybe it's just because last weekend it rained for 3 days straight so I didn't ride and I need all the practice I can get when it comes to things that cause me trouble.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12

Last futzed with by Koala; September 16th, 2018 at 03:52 PM.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote