View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2023, 01:18 AM   #6
IndestructibleNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 08' ninja 250 and Honda XL600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
This quote alone is enough for me to understand that you need to either get some real riding training, or make friends quickly with more experienced riders with significant street experience that can mentor you. If nothing changes, you are likely to hurt yourself again.
I've never heard a single person on this planet advocate braking while leaning in 20 degree weather on decade plus old tires and all while rusty. 99.9% of people don't even ride these conditions to begin with.

I would probably love a riding course just to hang out with other riders or be able to beat up someone else's bike but I assure you I won't be hurting myself. Over the tens if not hundreds of times I've wiped out, I've never been "hurt." That should say something for my judgement. I never put myself in harm's way, or a better way of putting it: I never let harm's way come close to me. I dropped the bike in a parking lot testing things out, you see? No immovable objects, I wasn't pushing dangerous speeds, no cars around, I had my helmet and gloves. I couldn't have asked for a better reminder on traction and the variables at play. I don't think you can ask for a better scenario. If I were the type to get scared of a slip I wouldn't have a bike in the first place, let alone shoes for my feet. I'd stay inside a padded room with bubble wrap around me. I appreciate the concern, but I don't need it.
IndestructibleNinja is offline   Reply With Quote