Thread: First ride out
View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2023, 02:26 AM   #30
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well done ! I'm interested on how fast the Bike reaches operating temp now !
I just drilled several holes along the edge of the thermostat to do the same thing.... of course if the thermostat dies I'ed have to do that again !
i have a gutt feeling i won't see much of a change at all because the holes are just too small but it is better than it was.... none of the hot water could get through to the top of the thermostat the way it was as the gasket that was on it completely covered the stock hole in the thermostat.... so it should work better but how much better is anyone's guess at this point.
I haven't gotten back out there to work on the ninja in the last 2 weeks as we have been burried in a late snow fall...
tomorrow Hopefully, a guy should bring a XR650L to me and I'll buy it from him running or not ! so I will have a new toy to play with shortly ! <GRIN>
( I can hardly wait ! HAHAHA!)
So you successfully made your own "Thermo-bob" ! and saved yourself some cash ! You should be proud of that fact ! I really hope it does every thing you hoped it would.... personally I can't see how it could fail !
Well done !
Bob.......