View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2023, 11:48 AM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

NEW Bike !!! 2001 Honda XR650L I need a ladder!

Howdy folks ! I am elated ! super happy and all that stuff.
the guy just left and he's $1600.00 richer and I am the proud owner of his 2001 Honda XR650L !
Not only was it an extreamily good buy in my mind but the bike is in Real REAL good shape...
it has a larger than stock gas tank on it ( I think it's a 4 gallon tank)
it also has a Super trapp muffler on it .... 2 things I won't have to buy that I was planning on buying for it ! and he handed me some front shock springs and a rear coil spring that he has got for it, but never put them on it.
the battery is dead or disconnected I don't know which probably dead and needs to be replaced....and both rear turn signals have been broken and taped back on (Typical!) and the right rearview mirror is missing....
and last but not least the front tire is flat....
and it's probably been several years that it has been setting in his shop
Obviously I have some work to do to get it running I will probably have to pull the carb and clean it good..... it Does have the emission control stuff still on it.... which I will probably remove immediately No doubt I will need a new battery for it and I am thinking of one of those super light Lithium batteries for it to help keep the weight down.
he said the last time he had it running it was back firing when he let off the throttle... other than that it ran great.
when I stand next to the seat , the sitting area of the seat comes up to my belt on my waist ! 37" seat height is WAY WAY too tall !!!!
he said that the springs were supposed to lower the bike.... I can't say that I've ever heard of replacing the springs to lower the seat height before but I suppose that is possible....(grin)
it feels much lighter than the RX4 I had (it should be about 150lbs lighter)
but I know they have a high center of gravity the way they come from the factory all jacked up in the air like that !
but I am stoked ! if it stops raining long enough I'll run out and pull out the battery and slap it on the charger !
Yes it's Red..... it's the classic Red bush pig !
Bob.......