View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2023, 09:10 PM   #2
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, first order of business is to get the Title changed over, so I may do that tomorrow.... Not sure on that.
2nd order of business is definately a battery.... it doesn't look that old but there isn't even a spark of life in it at all.... I might try adding distilled water to it and then hit it with 40 amps to try and de sulfate the battery but the outcome of that is iffy at best... sense there is no kick starter on this bike I Need a good battery.... so I just as well grit my teeth and get a good battery for it and be done with it.
it definitely needs Bark busters !
I think I will drain all the gas out of it and throw it away... and replace it with fresh gasoline to start with.
I want to see what kind of front sprocket is on it sense these bikes have a tendency to eat up the output shaft. I may go with a 13 or 14 tooth as I want the front end light just because that is so much fun !
this bike can be geared for street or dirt fairly easily.... and sense
most of my riding is fairly slow gearing it down seems the most prudent
.... it will do 100mph if geared for it but I'm not going to do that on this bike
I think I am going for the lower speeds where I can get the front wheel up easily just by throttle. a 13 tooth on the front will do that with the stock 45 tooth in the rear... or so they say.
it's got 6700 miles on it or something like that and is strictly a stock bike
I am cautious about Adding alot of weight to the bike as that is what I usually do.... this big pig needs to be as light as possible, not heavier !
.... tall and heavy is a bad combination, I can make it shorter but it is real hard to lighten an already heavy machine ! so I don't want to add more !(we all know how well that will work HA!)

Right now the Big Red Bush Pig is sitting in the rain ! and that sux !
I've gott'a wait till the weather is better before I can play more with it
I'm not a duck and I can't stand the rain.... so it'll wait !
Bob........