View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2023, 08:32 AM   #10
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL that is a great way to justify the expense to my wife ! I'll try that ! HAHAHAHAHAHAH
it's STILL raining ! it's been raining for 4 days now lightly but it is still rain !
I guess I should'a bought that bike months ago so we would have had more rain back then ! HAHAHAHA
I want to go out there and do stuff like pull off the front sprocket cover and the front sprocket to check on the splines on the output shaft....
I want to drain the gas out of the tank but I think I will have to take the tank completely off to do it right as there is a bunch of junk beside the carb and I can't get any tools in there to get the line off the carb.... taking the line off at the gas petcock would get gas all over the place so I don't want to do that !
and I want to start making that thing lower as well.... see how much I can get with the pre load adjustment it is down quite a bit .
I want to do the brake fluid replacement on it as well.... the rear reservoir is low and I am wondering if I can just pump 95% out of the caliper and add some fresh stuff before it runs out completely ....maybe that would save me from having to blead the brake from completely dry ?
(I've never tried that before!) that might be the best way to replace brake fluid !?!?!???? I know you don't want to keep any old fluid in it but for the convenience it might be worth it. the front brakes are usually a fairly straight shot but not the rear. any air in the line is a bitch to get out and usually involves taking the caliper off and straightening out the bends in the line..... just to get the air out....
and I want to pull off the smog garbage on that bike number one reason is it's gott'a come off to get the carb out and also the added weight that you don't need..... I can make up block off plates for the cylinder that's not a big deal
and we don't have smog inspections here ....( but I will hang on to the stuff!)
I'm also thinking about adding an oil cooler to that thing more expense and added weight too and I probably don't need it at all especially if it's jetted to a light brown.... but it is air cooled and keeping the oil alive longer would be a good thing..... in my youth I've seen good quality oil cooked in one days riding those puppies get hot !!!! 4 stroke on dirt roads in the hot summer time is going to produce alot of heat !
( just go faster Right LOL!)
it's going to take a week for all my parts to get here... by then I want to have that thing running and low enough to at least touch with both tippy toes
! HAHAHA it may take till summer for me to flat foot that tall beast but I will flat foot it !!!!

there is no tach on that bike ! it's like what's the deal Honda !?!?!
so I am thinking about a Vapor dash..... hooking one of those up though is a nightmare, or so I've read !
no comments on my pictures ? Come on Drew say you at least seen them !
HAHAHAHAH yah I know it is nothing special but it's MINE !!!!!
later !
Bob.....