View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2023, 04:54 PM   #19
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok..... it RUNS ! won't take throttle or run without the choke on but it did idle for a few seconds then wouldn't start again it would puff miss a few puff's and puff again type thing over and over without catching.... so.... no doubt about it now the carb has to come off !
it ran fairly good so I think the gas is OK strangely enough...maybe he put stablizer in the tank I dunno...
so I'll see what I can do about taking the carb off and clean the sucker !
this is one for the ultrasonic cleaner I am sure....
I read where a guy tried all kinds of cleaner solutions but wound up using straight gasoline because it cleans the best so I might try that.
you KNOW that won't hurt the parts ! HAHAHAH
but at least it ran..... for a few minutes anyway so I am sure I am going to find all kinds of stuff in that bowl !
( the petcock was left on for 2 years that I know of....)
I did run into a really ODD problem.... I tried to air up my front tire but it would not take any air....no matter what I did.... I pulled the valve core and it looked great put the nozzle on the valve core and pushed real hard and that should have filled it in an instant.... it didn't put any air in the tire at all
.... I'll see if I can poke a wire in the valve core and get through to the tube area and then try giving it air !
...that's really bazaar !
Bob.....