View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2023, 05:36 AM   #20
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok I asked the previous owner if he had put any stablizer in the gas
and he said "NO" so that was my clue.... I took off the gas tank and went and dumped it on the brush pile ! then I put the carb boot on the back of the carb
and I was so curious to see if it would run just because of the gas I put the gas tank back on and tried starting it although it would not run without the choke being on it did run and take throttle and I ran it for about 5 minutes !
so it got a good run. Obviously the carb has to come off and be cleaned
as it was very hard to start but once going that is a monster and a half !
it seems like twice the XR650L I had before alot more powerful and quicker
it shakes the ground and is fairly loud when running ! LOL that is going to be a fun bike to ride I have no doubt about that !
...sense I had the seat off I de-snorkeled it while I was there.
about 80% of all my ordered parts came in and My computer desk is covered in parts ! LOL However another storm is due in late today and tomorrow
so I don't want to tear into the bike too far with bad weather on the way.
I put on the 2024 license's sticker on it and taped up the turn signal a bit better. so I can take it out for a test ride but I can't do that till the tube gets here next week. and get that front tire to hold air.
both tires are fairly worn they both need replaced
I also think I will take a long bread knife to the seat foam and remove about 3" of the 4" of that thick seat that should help lower it a bit more...
Sense the tarp I had for the wood pellets didn't last more than a year and got alot of my wood pellets wet I am running out of good wood pellets I probably have 30 bags of half wet wood pellets most of the bags in the house now are about 25% sawdust and that is not good at all... each bag will have to be sifted through to get the good ones out to burn ! but I am hoping we can make it to spring.... the trees in the valley are already in bloom so I know spring is on it's way..... it's just slow !
... to my amazement I saw that Shasta Lake was almost full ! as we went down to visit grandma yesterday....it's about 75~100 foot from the top.!!!!
Man I am ready for SUMMER !!!!
Bob.....