View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2023, 06:32 PM   #25
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes ! indeed, the seat is in the plan !
although in the past dropping the front after lowering the back usually only amounts to a small amount but anything on this tall monster is worth doing ! HAHAHAHAH
I went out there and put the bike on the Harbor freight hydraulic bike stand
and raised it up again and decided to try and get that rear disk caliper base in the slot where it should be.... and I discovered why it wasn't in the slot like it should have been.... there was a dowel pin in the aluminum bracket that stuck out almost 1/4" and it was on the upper portion of the bracket where if the slot was inguaged like it was designed to be the dowel pin hit the swing-arm and would not alow a flush fit like it should be..... so I got it back far enough so I could work on it and I tried to get it out but no luck...so I got the recipoicating saw and cut that pin off flush then filed the little ruff spots off and then it went back on fine.... I have to wonder how,when why and where that dowel pin got there..... as it's not stock ! maybe he didn't like the hassle of trying to line it up when putting the tire back on who knows! because they are a P.I.T.A. at times
....I took off the chain off the rear sprocket so I could easily change the front sprocket.... I bought a 13T and a 14T for it ...that I want to try !
when I went out there I noticed the wind had picked up and it was at least 10 degrees colder than it had been earlier...... in the 30 minutes I was out there the temp had to have dropped by another 20 degrees ! it got real cold real fast.... so I called it good enough and ran for the house !

It's not spring here yet I don't care what the calendrer says ! LOL
when I moved the bike I decided to start it and use the motor to move it...
which it did very easily so I know 1st works ! HAHAHAH
I bet we get snow tonight ! I am hoping we won't because I want to put the 13T sprocket on the bike and re adjust the chain and then lube it....
I don't think that thing has ever been near a can of oil.... everything is as dry as can be !
and by the way ....I turned on the gas, pulled the choke lever and hit the starter button and it was running before the first revolution ! that's how it SHOULD start..... so far it hasn't inspired confidence, usually I gott'a beg it to start and time the let off of the starter button to get it to run.... but not this last time.... I'm hoping she'll start starting like that !
..... maybe I need to charge that battery.... I never have LOL
Bob......