View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:31 PM   #33
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

it stopped snowing long enough for me to run and buy a few bags of pellets today....
so I took the opportunity to go out and start the XR650L
.....this thing has a very peculiar way of starting.... it's weird.... it goes pop turns through and pop , turns through and will do that forever but if you let up just after the pop it will immediately pick it up and be running.... it's weird, like perhaps the starter is sucking so much juice that it won't run with the starter pressed ! if you let off the starter it comes to life like it should have been doing.
.... it's very strange ! I've never had a bike start like that every time before
but that is the only way this thing starts ! the previous owner said the last few times he ran it he had to bump start it down his driveway down hill...
because the battery was dead.... maybe I should double check and make sure it is charging the battery real good eh?
the battery that was in it was completely stone dead.... I suppose that could have hurt the charging system in it..... I better check it !
but I fired it up and ran it for about 3 minutes and then turned off the gas and ran it till it was starving for fuel and I turned it off....

....my Balakla lava face mask finally got here ...i thought I had one but I guess I didn't order one as I could not find it.... it now resides in the riding jacket pocket of my cold riding gear.... I needed it on my last ride! i thought I was going to get frost bite on my Adom's apple ! LOL
I might go for a ride up Stewart's Springs road in the next day or so to see how far I can get before the snow covers the road (they don't plow it at all)
depends on if it stops snowing long enough to do that or not !
that sure is a neat bike ! I want to get out in the dirt and play with it !
Bob.......