View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2021, 12:04 PM   #7
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by vani11a View Post
I did measure resistance on the stick coils and they're within spec...but that's about it pertaining to your very intricate list. Lol. Seems like I'm going to need to purchase an oscilloscope in the foreseeable future. I have checked the actual voltage of the grey anti-theft wire, while killswitch is on and also while trying to start. To my understanding while attempting to start it needs to be approx. 10v. Mine will start out at around 12.8v then when I press the starter, it dips down to 10.2v or so but immediately jumps back up in the 12.6v+ range. I really just need to find a stock ignition. They just seem to difficult to find...and if people hotwire these things then why can't I seem to get the resistor thing right?
Not ignition-coils. Crank-sensor pick-up coils inside engine that's triggered by bumps on flywheel.

Your aftermarket ignition-switch works fine if ECU is priming pump.

Are you sure you're measuring grey-wire properly?
Draw picture of how you have that 100-ohm resistor wired in (or take photo & post).
Did you cut grey wire completely so you have 2 free ends?
Then connect 100-ohm resistor to those free ends? Might actually need 200-ohm resistor.
It needs to be 10v or less before you crank engine.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote