View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #485
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Would that change the situation much as far as fault, liability, compensation, etc?
nope, even when that happens, your still at fault.... something worse happened to a friend of mine, he was driving along, and three people riding up on a scooter, all without helmets pulled a U turn in front of him, because they missed their turn or something, and ended up in his lane doing basically 2mph without looking (this happens all the time here...)

he slammed on the brakes, hit the back of the other bike and came off the bike and head-butted the old lady that was sat on the very back of the scooter...

sadly the lady passed away later in the hospital, due to the incident. while the other 2 came away with not much, while my friend had a broken nose, scrapes, and broken bike.

there were even witnesses who corroborated with the police that it was NOT the fault of my friend... but in the end he paid for everything, including getting the body sent back to the village where she came from on another island.

its a tricky business driving bikes (and cars for that matter) here. there is constantly the risk of people doing totally stupid $h!# on the roads, and they expect others to just be aware and avoid them. that is in fact what happens most of the time, but... all too often it leads to accidents. it all comes down to education, or the lack of it... you buy your drivers license here. you don't do any tests for it. so ya, you have millions of loony drivers here