View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:28 PM   #1
richierich781
Future Hall of Famer

Name: rich

Motorcycle(s): 2010 yamaha fz6r raven

my bro went down today on his ninjette

I get a call from my co-worker who was riding with my lil bro today that he went down on I-5 Thank god he was ok and was wearing his gear, just minor scrapes. He was going with the speed of traffic about 65 mph and hit a gap in the pavement where the old pavement meets the new concrete pavement (construction area) and his bike did a wheelie. When he landed he experienced some head shake and he told me that the car in front of him was slowing down real fast and my brother applied the brakes while trying to control the head shake and he locked up the brakes. He didn't want to hit the car in front of him so he muscled the bike to the left and it laid down and he held on to it as long as he can and finally let go of it. He stumbled and rolled around 20 ft. and the bike slid for another 80-100 ft. on its side. My bro popped up and runs after the bike while the bike was still sliding and moves it out of the freeway so that nobody hits it. (this was all told to me by my co-worker). He gets taken to the emergency room and gets released 20 mins later. Someone was watching over him. I havent seen the damage on his bike yet but to what my co-worker had explained to me the left side has some rash on it with the signals gone and the mirrors gone to, with the shifter bent in. I called the towing company and the tow guy explained to me that the bike is rideable since he rode it into the lot. Well i will keep you guys updated with pics of the bike, i get to check it out my self first thing tomorrow morning when the tow company opens. My brother was devastated after he came down from his shock, i told him that i'm just glad he's not seriously hurt and the bike is nothing to worry about (its his first bike), we can always fix it and if not i'll help him get a new one.

Last futzed with by richierich781; June 5th, 2009 at 07:24 PM.
richierich781 is offline   Reply With Quote