View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2016, 11:32 AM   #24
sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

found some info

So it would appear as though the stock position of the clip is halfway up the needle. Am I right? The washers can be used for half steps along the needle, so 2 washers would be the approx. equivalent of moving the clip 1 landing. Moving the clip up makes the mixture richer in midrange. That's what I did, moved it down 1 land, removing the washers. I ordered a bag of replacement clips, that little wire will be gone in a couple days. Luckily I can get the carbs back on and replace that clip without removing them again. Anywho- my carb rebuild kit came with idle mixture screws, the associated spring, washer and gasket for it- also new float cutoffs and a bowl gasket. All of which I replaced. The only thing left is this little round piece that I could not identify. No idea where it goes... any input?

It's a solid little piece with no holes or anything. Thought it was a magnet for a sec. Wth is it?
Ok, well I'm off to get this airbox out so I can get these carbs back in. Thanks for any feedback, guys!
-Andrew

***edit*** BWAHAHA I just figured out what those little circle pieces are. They are the replacement plugs for the idle mixture screws. The ones the EPA says put in there so you don't monkey with the idle mixture. lol- so they aren't important. I noticed the old mixture screws were approximately 2 full turns out from all the way in. I screwed the old ones all the way in and measured the # of turns. I made sure to run the new ones all the way in, then back out 2 turns. I feel like this was what I did on another carb it it was perfect. Is this correct procedure?

Last futzed with by sickopsycho; October 8th, 2016 at 11:41 AM. Reason: lol just figured it out.
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote