View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2016, 03:24 PM   #36
Mohawk
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): ZZR250, VFR800

You have a dyno jet kit in that bike. The multi clip position is the give away. So it looks like someone had them apart in the past to fit it. Wouldn't be the first time some idiot messed things up !

Regarding the fuel line, the piece of paper you found is not paper but a very fine gauze filter that should be in the fuel line just before the elbow into the carbs. This is the secondary filter that you were trying to add, the factory already did it for you !

Bikes that faile to Rev, but otherwise work OK are usually not getting enough fuel or air, or alternatively are getting to much, such that the AFR is NOT combustible. Looking at your pictures I'll take a punt & say not enough fuel due to some monkey screwing with your carbs.

I often question people when they say they did something, like adjust valves but then say well they think they did them right. You either know what you are doing & DID them right or you screwed it up. Don't take this the wrong way, but there is no "I think" to it !

If it ran OK with the crappy carb setup before you did stuff, then it's likely what you did that caused the fault !
Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.