View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2019, 03:37 PM   #10
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Not to poke you with a stick, but the first thing that came to mind is this old discussion. But props to you for holding out for so long when I have friends that are already on, oh I don't know, #6 or so.

Glad you're ok dude. Collarbones... not a real big deal. Seems like the "consumable bone" in the human body designed to give out on impact, but heal relatively fast. Not sure what you mean by a rod in there, seems like everyone who breaks theirs is either a minor break and then they get a restraining sling (which really sucks because you have to wear it a long time) or a major break which then gets plated, which is great because you just get your arm in a regular sling, you can use it right away and it heals faster.

Mine was a major break, collarbone in 3 pieces so I got it plated. I was back on a bike pretty quick.

Air vests really seem like highside protection to me. I probably could have used one when I highsided. Broke 7 ribs in 9 places that day. Punctured a lung with one of my rib bones too.