View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:55 AM   #37
bikesam
ninjette.org member

Name: Samuel

Motorcycle(s): '08 Green 'ja 250

thats too bad, i had a terrible experience with my MSF class too. the instructor was kinda a low talker, we couldn't hear him at all, especially over the motorcycles. he would tell us to do something, and all of us students would just look at each other and shrug, then we would just guess what we think he wanted us to do. the times i could hear him, he made a lot of snyde/awkward jokes about new riders and noob mistakes. and we never really knew whether to laugh or whether he made a mean comment, b/c we either didn't hear the whole joke, or couldn't tell if it was joke from his facial expression/body language. a few times he would come over to me and try to tell me how to fix some of my mistakes, but i just couldn't hear him, so i would just nod and try several different things, until i figured out how to do a figure 8 in a box, for example. it was really frustrating and just an awful experience overall.

i did talk to him after the class, and he turned out to be a really nice guy and gave me a lot of more advanced pointers and his experiences on the road etc. we ended up talking for over an hour, so turns out he wasn't as grumpy, 'i know better than you' pompous jerk we had thought. he was very helpful and knowledgable outside the 'class' enviorment, but just an terrible 'in class' instructor.
bikesam is offline   Reply With Quote