Thread: Having a Blast!
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #14
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

I've always ridden alone I did when I was first learning, I commute alone, I go to the track alone, and I go on trips alone. Partially because none of my close friends who ride consider it anything more than a means of transportation that makes them look cool, but really just because I enjoy the solitude and independence of stopping whenever I want, setting the pace based solely on MY mood, and just not following or leading. I ride a single seater vehicle for a reason, and I find I'm less likely to screw up when there's no one I want/need to impress (I crashed on the only group ride I ever opted to go on partially due to that dumb, self conscious fear of slowing people down). Group rides are fun and all when you get off the bike, but truth be told, while I'm on it I'd rather it just be me. Although I also refuse to ever ride bitch (Never have, never will) and I prefer driving alone as well.

That said, in the few times I've gotten myself in a bind, I've always had the luck of coming across friendly strangers at just the right moment. It's kind of fun in a weird way to meet random people on the road for 5 minutes or so
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote