View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #90
kevin2109dad
ninjette.org member

Name: Frederick

Motorcycle(s): the mangled motorycle Kevin2109 bought

Exclamation STOP!

I don't think anyone is going to mind me being forceful with this message. I wanted everyone to regroup here for a second and let's re examine this 10% number. I don't think it's an accurate number and should be used anymore. I feel that it is more helpful to back it with DATA and fact than to just say "I don't agree with that number"

The 10% number is for everyone. People with good hospitals, bad hospitals, old, sick, young, healthy, whatever.

Kevin is 21. If you just took all 21 year olds, It would be higher I bet.

Kevin got to the hospital within minutes. The accident occurred a few hundred feet from the hospital. Take that statistic of people who were that close to the hospital, and it's even a higher number.

Kevin is at one of the top hospitals for trauma in the Nation. Add all the people in top hospitals, the number goes higher.

Kevin comes from a privileged, upbringing. Add the people in that socioeconomic category and the number gets even higher.

I don't know what the final number should be, but I know that its not 10%. If it's not 10%, we shouldn't use it anymore, right? I simply conveyed that number to all of you because that was the raw statistic that the doctors told me. I say we never use that number again.

Some of you are in school, great with math and researching things. I would challenge someone to help the family by researching Diffuse Axonal Injury Grade 3 and use your math and statistics skills to apply all the things I mentioned (and add more) and come up with a better number and post it here and have it be data based.

We will continue to not forget about non data based things as well including hope, prayer, support, the energy that we all generate, etc.

The family has been researching this extensively, and would appreciate the help that all of you have offered to give us.

Also anything about this injury that you may find, that is positive and helpful would be great if you would post it. I would recommend posting the quote or point you are trying to make rather than just a link to an article as family members may not pick up the message you are trying to convey without your guidance and only a link.

As far as updates, Kevin will be going into surgery to get a trach tube (more permanent than the breathing tube he is on now. This will allow the removal of a lot of the tubes and reduce complication and discomfort. Then they can reduce the hard core narcotics and pain killers he is on as well. This signifies that the family is starting to "dig in" for the long haul if necessary. He is also getting his jaw operated on. I think it may be wired shut. All of this will occur on Friday as we only want to have one surgery. The good news is no other surgeries seem to be necessary.

I was not there, but my mother was with Kevin Sr. and I was forwarded a text that my mother got him to open his eyes for a second. Once again, all of these actions do not coincide with a typical Diffuse Axonal Injury Grade 3.

So someone needs to add to the statistic mentioned about all the people that open their eyes, move around. That number gets higher. You asked what we can use for help, so now I am asking

Finally, I appreciate whoever put in my profile "the mangled motorcycle Kevin2109 bought". I wanted everyone to know that I did not put that in my profile and it was done after I signed up. However, I am grateful that it was added.

Actually that is not the final thing I wanted to say. I wanted to make sure I said thank you for all that you have done and are doing

F.
kevin2109dad is offline   Reply With Quote