View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #36
ttd
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): CBR600rr

Hey all,

Got pointed here so thought I'd check in.

As for passing rules, our faster groups basically have one rule - no passing from tip in point to the apex on the inside.

In other words - don't stand someone up! We want people to feel comfortable that when they are ready to lean into the corner, that no one is going to be on their inside.

Slower groups we add some additional rules - basically making the trickier sections of a track "no passing". This lets the less experienced riders concentrate on getting that section of the track "right" without having to worry about others.

Anywho, unless you are a racer that is looking for no holds barred race practice, we'll have a group that will make you happy.

As for price...

Both of these tracks (NY and CT) are very pricey. One option is to have a low price and lots of riders per group. We had some dates this year that were crowded and our regular customers spoke out and we won't be doing that again!

Beginning next year, we have chosen the other option, a higher price and limited riders per group.

Our theory behind this is that $50 or so is not a deal breaker when you consider the total cost of doing a trackday. But if you end up at a crappy trackday, with too many riders, lots of crashes and downtime - then that is a deal breaker.

In other words, if we can give you an awesome trackday experience - we think you'll remember that a whole lot longer than the extra $50 you spent.

One day or two? I will say that doing both days is the smart move and is what most of our regulars do. The price is lower, for one thing - but the best thing is it builds in an almost fool proof rain guarantee! Over a two day event, it virtually never rains for more than 1/2 day - so you get 1.5 days of dry track!

As for direction, that is up in the air. In NY, if you run UPTOWN, then you are mostly going downhill (the name uptown comes from the straight). This means you are mainly doing downhill trailbraking into the corners.

If you run "downtown", then the straight is down hill, but virtually all the rest is uphill - so you are using power to go around and out of corners.

Our logic is that if most riders are doing 2 days, running both directions provides the most opportunity for learning - not to mention it evens out the wear on your tires. (on a bigger bike, the fast riders notice that 2 days in one direction and the tires are shot because one side is shagged).

Hope that answers some of the comments... feel free to ask anything else. If I don't answer right away, maybe send me an email to remind me to check in here!
ttd is offline   Reply With Quote