View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM   #486
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Yes and no, they were in process of shutting it all down and was an inch from death. Rumor has it that an investor came in to save the company. The options for mounting and the product itself is not the problem. They are getting majorly killed in two areas;

They don't know sh*t about marketing. - Get these cams in the hands of the people that will actually use it. Give em away if you have to. They will see it's a great cam at the price point. Grass roots if you will.

GET OUT OF THE SOFTWARE business! - Storyteller blows complete arse. Remove the limits and make as compatible with other video editors as possible and move on. And 100% for sure get rid of the requirement to upload the vid to the contour site to get at the gps data. Having to edit the video in dashware for the gps overlay and then again to make other changes totally kills the editing experience.

I am not saying you can't edit with other tools, because you can mostly use the editor of your choice. But, for 100% contour support they request you use storyteller. I don't, I use dashware, vegas for large edits and windows movie maker for small, easy vids.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote