View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2019, 12:09 PM   #7
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
the old 86-87 vintage 250 way cool!

Congrats! Where do you guys find the energy?

Nowadays at my age, restorations are out of the question, though still active. current project for a friend, resurrecting a '10 Triumph 675 Daytona electrically bastardized by irresponsible previous owners.

I'll spare posting pics, don't want to hijack your thread @DannoXYZ but if you saw what these kids did to the main harness and peripherals, you'd puke.

Enjoy your resto of the 250, I'll be following....what exact year is it?
Energy comes from lots of coffee and legal stimulants for ADHD!! I can't sit still for more than 5-minutes!

Yeah, gruesome stuff like hacked up wiring twisted together by hand and taped over? Rat's nest maze of wiring tossed together?

It's an '87. Was running supposedly and completely disassembled by racer to turn into track bike. Some basic safety-wiring was started on radiator. Then he lost interest and sold it to another guy who also lost interest. Now it's mine, all mine, buwaahahaahh!!!

Came with new tyres and tonnes of extra stuff for racing like clip-ons, rearsets, extra sprockets, belly pan, etc. I'm going to build up completely stock to start and see what it's like first. I have doubts about that industrial-looking rear fender...

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; June 23rd, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote