View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2022, 05:54 AM   #27
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Wow thanks for all the comments guys ! this is a CSC RX4 a 450cc motor in a heavy frame the bike weighs 450lbs so they say but I've never felt a 450 lb bike that weighed this much, I'd say it is closer to 500 lbs soaking wet....
.... Danno if it's locking up the suspension because of the bolts being tight it certainly was not by design , it is designed with Needle bearings and bearing bushings that go inside and ride on the needle bearings that the bolts go through a good High quality design just like the Ninja's if anything it is a defective part in there... but I have not seen anything amiss, it all looks great and brand new....
Ghost there is no sag on this bike ....it does not compress at all when you get on it or bounce on the seat the only flex you feel is in the seat and the flex of the 28 psi in the tire.... i wouldn't have been able to get the 120 miles on this bike without reducing the air in the tire..... but the bike rides so extremely hard it is unreal... so I am trying to fix that....
.... the rear swing arm does not move at all when you get on it it's like straddling a pallet there is absolutely no flex ! so you can't set the Sag...because there is no sag....
I have lowered the bike by about 2" but the rear suspension is the same as the day they delivered it as far as the flexing goes
...when I lowered the rear I simply took the nuts on top of the spring in the rear shock and raised them to the top of the shock ...that in effect lowered the rear 2"....
in all honesty I believe the only problem is that the spring they threw in there is just way too stiff..... there was some serious issues early on with the rear of the bike bottoming out when going over jumps so they fixed that....
...well it looks like they fixed it too well and made it way too stiff...

I'll let ya know what I find out....
Bob......