View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #16
Gandalf
ninjette.org member

Name: Gandalf

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Alright I've got a little update. I went to the hardware store and the guys were nice enough to straighten out the shift lever for me. I'm working on removing/replacing the clutch lever and straightening out my bar but I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Should I take the grips off to prevent damage? I tried removed the screw at the end of the bar but it got scraped up and it's soft so it will be hard not to strip it. Also, I was reading the clutch lever removal guide on faq.ninja250.org and I'm not sure if my plunger was damaged or not. There's a plastic housing that is cracked but I don't see anything that the flat part of the lever would press down on as a trigger like the brake lever does.

My Ninja recently had an issue with it not starting in gear with the clutch in but I've read that there is some clutch safety that needs to be fixed. After I put the straightened shifter on I put it into neutral and it started up. I tested it in 1st and it rode with the clutch out so I'm not sure if the "plunger" that I can't see is busted or not.

Pictures related.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0760.jpg (115.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0761.jpg (81.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0764.jpg (47.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0773.jpg (53.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0776.jpg (61.9 KB, 6 views)
Gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote