Old January 9th, 2022, 07:42 PM   #81
SuspectPage3
ninjette.org member

Name: Chinmay

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250R

[

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
First, you have to recognize there are NO mechanics, zip, nada, zilch, none that can work on carbs properly! Unless they are at least 65-yrs old; they simply do not have experience and training for this. STOP looking for mechanics to solve your problems, they will only make it worse. YOU must be one to learn and fix this bike. If you don't want to do that, then sell it and buy running bike with EFI. Will save you tonnes of time and money in long run.

You probably don't have CA EVAP system with 3-port tank. Single vent port on tank should have hose that goes down left side of bike and exits down by rear shock.
Yes, thank you kindly, it helped.

Quote:

1. this hose connects only to ONE carb
2. starts at right carb's brass vacuum port
3. goes to T
4. one exit of T goes to coast enricher on far left (UFO looking thing)
5. other exit of T goes forward to PAIR valve above cylinder head
Thank you!

Quote:
also install fuel-filtre with tail end going into carb-inlet pipe. So that petrol flows into inside of filtre 1st, then flows to outside to go into carbs. If it's installed backwards, flow will crumple it up and impede flow.

Stick tail of filter into inlet pipe 1st, so only hard plastic ring is visible. Then slide fuel hose over inlet pipe.

OMG! you guys are super amazing!!!!

@DannoXYZ : you were correct with this, I found the issue. It was the hose from petcock to carb, the filter was mangled up inside blocking the flow of fuel. See my image for this.

Now the bike started, it idles and revs (up to 5-6k rpm) a bit but I still need help with the rest. I can't tell you how happy I was to finally figure out the issue (with help from you all).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220109_172857.jpg (48.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220109_173309.jpg (37.4 KB, 6 views)
SuspectPage3 is offline   Reply With Quote