View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #33
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I think the cam flange is like a thrust surface. I would not use a broken cam.

You can get the crank balanced,I talked to the balancing guys. They need 3/4 inch bearing width to get the "Bag" on the throw. What they do is weigh your piston and rod. Then fill a bag with that weight of shot and balance the crank.

JE says that you don't need to balance even for the big bore pistons. BUT we will see. I am going to build the "C" engine and see if it is OK. Then I will have the "B" engine balanced if need be.
The "A" engine will be balanced because of the different rods and the A motor will be special.

I have the bottom ends together at this point and am going to work on the heads while I save up for pistons. The first thing I do is strip and organize the head parts.
I do not want to mix up the cam buckets. The are worn in to the cam and I don't want to change anything.

I use a simple valve spring compressor from EBay .It cost 50 or 75 dollars. Before I do anything I cover the head with heavy duct tape. That will protect the head gasket surface while I work.

Once everything is apart and clean I will organize the tools and work area. I will only be doing a small amount of clean up on the "C" head. The "B" head will get the full port and polish treatment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20111110172023.jpg (129.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg valve train.jpg (98.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg head polish.jpg (122.0 KB, 9 views)
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote