View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #11
Artie
ninjette.org member

Name: Art

Motorcycle(s): '06 EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
As adouglas mentioned, the Mini will do fine. Any decent hitch designed for that vehicle will have a tow rating that is safe for the car and the hitch. You aren't going to damage the vehicle in normal conditions towing a small trailer and cycle.

At the track you need tools and supplies, as well as someone to help you. Don't go to the track by yourself! In case of a crash you need to be able to get home! It's not just an issue of the bike being damaged.

I crashed during a race and ended-up in the local hospital with a broken collarbone and a few other injuries. Luckily a friend loaded my equipment for me and came to pick me up at the hospital (getting you back to the track isn't their problem) and drove my truck home - as I couldn't shift the manual trans (much less load up my stuff - and the track was closed by the time I was ready to leave the hospital).

You need to have someone there, just in case...
I might check out the hitches again then, or maybe just get a pick-up. I was thinking about getting a different vehicle this summer anyway.
Artie is offline   Reply With Quote