Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2022, 07:18 PM   #35
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Hay guys do you realise what he said about blocking off 5 of the vacuum ports on the carbs ???? that means he has disconnected everything but the carburetors ! the enricher for returning to idle properly is not connected anymore ...Of course it's not going to run right if half the carb is not connected !
.... put it ALL back to stock that includes all 5 vacuum lines to the various ports and let all those extra doo hickies do their thing and it will run right for you !
I learned a long time ago trying to De-californicate a car by taking all that extra **** off there is opening a can of worms that is deeper than you ever thought possible ! if all that extra "****" is still available put it back on there
if it's not and you want the bike to run right again buy new stuff !
.... they knew what they were doing when they added the extra stuff on there for emissions and they did so in a way that if you take it off it will never run right again ! .....
can a Racer make it work ...Sure any good mechanic can but can the home back yard mechanic do it ? perhaps if he has enough persistence he can !
if this bike has no emission control crap on it then my apologies but to me it looks obvious that he's taken it off .... and good luck hunting down the symptoms of that monster !
Bob.......