Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2022, 08:39 PM   #38
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I can assume that this is not a california model because it actually runs with all that stuff disconnected , if I were to do that to my 2012 250R it certainly would not ! fresh air decel valve or what ever it's called would be out of the picture and that's the other half of the carburetor that they didn't put in the carb they made it separately and added it on..... a load of malarkey but that's what they did.... and they work fine the way they are .... mess with them at your peril !
in the early 1970's when the emission junk first came out you could get away with taking out the stuff and getting away with it.... not any more !
... you would be far better off taking the carbs off entirely and putting on different carbs slightly bigger and all in one piece ! but I am not really positive even that would work as the electronic ignition may not like it ! what's that got to do with it you ask ? well some have electronic enrichers now, and if you confuse the computer you got a problem ! this electronic Witchery is scary, it could be construed as VOODOO even and I don't want to be hexed by a electronic gizmo so i make it a point to know what I'm doing when I play with modifications ......
and with this in mind I have to wonder about the sanity of my purchase of a CSC RX4.... that is fuel injected, ( it has a brain !) ABS brakes ( it knows how to stop fast better than you do ) and can even decide when to change your headlight when entering a dark tunnel....
.... if they keep this up the rider will just be along for the ride.... there's nothing to really work on unless something gives up.... but I am hoping that this NEW generation of motorcycle will listen to the owner better !
like please ,please don't stop now I don't want to push you 5 miles !....
that never worked on my old bikes.... perhaps it will on the new ones eh ? .... it COULD happen ! HAHAHAHAH
Bob.......