Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2022, 12:10 PM   #42
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

I wasnt honestly expecting any more responses here so maybe we can get this done. I thought this had died.

Just to start off I found this yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVzjM4oNJmw please watch

It is the EXACT same issue I am having. I dont know why the guy would post a video and disable comments on the video. Its absolutely the exact problem I am having.

Okay here I will lay out what I have done.

Initially I had to replace an o-ring on t-pipe between because it was leaking bad. Home Depot $2 fix....

I have taken the enricher off. Theres forums here on how to cap it off. It's simple just use vacuum caps. Its the same as on my Triumph. The enricher is not really needed. And anyway the problem I am having the enricher is not going to help.

I have (no joke) cleaned the carbs at least 30 times. Taken them COMPLETELY apart. separated them. I have even put all of the internals from my carbs from the Triumph that runs like a top inside the 250 carbs and it still acts the same.

The choke works.

Yes I have sync/balanced the carb bodies. MANY TIMES just to check that they are staying balanced

I have not done the valves but I can do them. I did them in February on my other bike.

I bought a new CDI. Non California CDI so technically if it was a California bike it no longer is

I bought brand new intake boots with band clamps. The old boots were cracked and were letting air in (vacuum leak) and the philips heads were stripped on the screws.

I think my bike was a California bike even though it was shipped and first registered in Alabama.

I have also capped the tank ports. Although for testing I have been using a bench tank bottle for gravity so thats clearly not a tank/vacuum thing.

Bought a brand new battery fresh off the shelf.

Good coolant with no overheating.

Brand new 4T Fully Synthetic with a brand new K&N filter.

I took all of the emissions crap off because after I was ran off the road on the bike all of the hoses and the charcoal canister were wrecked. Theyre not needed anyway. There are so many forums on how to delete them.

Please watch that video at the top of this comment because its the same problem I am having. I messaged the shop that made the video on FB and they havent responded whether or not they fixed it.

I am not clueless and I have a decent understanding of carburetors.
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote