Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2022, 02:17 PM   #48
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

I forgot to mention the floats were set to 17mm. they weren't correct when I started.
@ducatiman the video I posted of the yellow EX is his most recent video. He hasn't posted anything else on his YouTube since so I guess he hasn't found out what it is. That video was 3 weeks ago. I cant believe I found someone with the same problem though. I hope he finds the problem because I bought some slightly knobby tires and I would love love love love to use this bike for light trail riding. I love this bike and I hate to see it not being used. My grandmother bought it for me not long before she died so I'm not getting rid of it
@Detrailers maybe you have found out what it is but you havent posted yet?

I can check the valve cover but it seemed to be in good order last time I looked over the bike

I also replaced the spark plugs and I have in no order tried every single vacuum plug on and off to see if that helped, it didnt. so I'm guessing its something blocked in the carbs that I cant find

and if I remember right it was backfiring from the carbs quite a bit. but its been a while so I'm not sure if that went away or if its even relevant
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote